Our congregation represents a commitment by many individuals to work in partnership for the greater good. There are lots of ways to serve and give back to our community.
We would love for you to help with coffee setup, snacks for coffee hour, or cleanup. These are easy ways to get involved. Greeters and Worship Associates are also important roles on Sunday mornings. Contact our Office Administrator to sign up!
Another way to volunteer your time and talent is to help at one-time events like an All-Church work day or a multi-generational social event. Or you can provide childcare for a church meeting or event so that parents can attend. These activities are organized by our various councils. Contact the church office with your interest.
The full benefits of our faith community become more possible when we engage in the ministries of the church. This is an opportunity to match your gifts, skills and interests with the needs of our community.
Our councils include:
- Adult Religious Education – Organizes courses and workshops for adults
- Audio/Visual – Operates sound and visual systems during worship services and other events
- Buildings and Grounds – Responsible for repairing, maintaining, and improving the physical property of the church, inside and outside the building
- Caring – Offers calls, cards, visits and rides for those with physical ailments or illnesses
- Communication – Plans and offers various vehicles for communication to the congregation and wider community. Meets fourth Sunday of the month after the service.
- Fellowship – Organizes social gatherings that offer fun and fellowship. Meets with Membership, third Sunday of the month after the service.
- Finance – Monitors the financial status of the church and helps maintain its sound foundation
- Fundraising – Organizes fundraising events to raise money for the church
- Green Sanctuary – Oversees to work to meet our Green Sanctuary goals. Meets with Social Justice, first Sunday of the month after the service.
- Membership – Helps people connect and engage with the church on a spectrum of involvement that ranges from casual visitor to fully integrated member. Meets with Fellowship, third Sunday of the month after the service.
- Music – Offers the congregation music that inspires us
- Religious Education for Children and Youth – Supports the Children’s RE Coordinator to deliver curricula and events that nourish children and youth in spiritual growth. Meets second Sunday of the month at 8:00am.
- Social Justice – Supports our work in the world to enact justice. Meets with Green Sanctuary, first Sunday of the month after the service.
- Worship – Helps plan and deliver quality worship experiences weekly. Meets second Sunday of the month after the service.
If you are interested in any of these volunteer opportunities, email us!
Serve with Grace
When you volunteer, we hope you find the experience fulfilling. One way you can ensure that is to “serve with grace.” That means you consider your gifts and discern where and how to use them. When you use your gifts, you will be nourished, not drained, and serving will become a spiritual practice.
We also support one another in our volunteer commitments by following a covenanted relationship on our councils, which helps us to build closer interpersonal ties and remain mindful of the spiritual nature of the work we do together.